Full-time Registered Behavior Therapist
Position – Experienced Registered Behavior Technicians
The Mississippi Centers for Autism and Related Developmental Disabilities (MCARDD) seeks a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)! Under the supervision of a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), an RBT provides one-to-one instruction to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or related developmental disabilities within clinic or school setting.
- Work collaboratively with a BCBA supervisor to implement basic principles and teaching procedures of ABA therapy
- Responsibilities for RBT include but not limited to:
- Represents the program in a business-like and professional manager
- Participates in ongoing staff development and training
- Driving requirements may exist in various demographic areas
- Actively participates in fundraising, planning and implementation by committing time, energy, and enthusiasm to ensure the continued success of the program
- Collect detailed behavior and skill acquisition data during sessions and input into an electronic device, logging all hours and data accurately
- Complete daily session notes within 24 hours in an electronic format
- Adheres to the BACB RBT Code of Ethics
- Have a thorough and working knowledge of all items listed in the BACB RBT Task List
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Able to withstand and manage daily challenging behavior
- Applicant must be 18 years or older
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Associate degree preferred but not required
- Experience/Education in field such as mental/behavioral health, social work, psychology, etc. preferred.
- Current RBT certification preferred
- Proven experience working with individuals and families on the Autism Spectrum.
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Seek and incorporate feedback, supervision, and ongoing training
- Compassion and patience towards children with disabilities and their families
- Must be able to work as a team member with multiple other professionals in a courteous, engaging, and collaborative manner
- Be goal-oriented and maintain professionalism in all aspects of your work
- Technologically proficient; familiarity with Apple and/or Android devices.
Please email resumes to email@example.com.