Center-based One on One Programming
MCARDD provides a center-based program in which basic skills are taught to each child to enhance learning. Each child has one on one sessions with an ABA Implementer based upon his or her individual programming created by the BCBA. Once the child masters the prerequisite skills in the center-based environment, these skills will be tested for generalization in the home and school environment. Requirements for this program include: assessment, program development, Implementer services, and consultative services. For every 10 hours of direct service provided by an Implementer, 2 hours of consultation by a BCBA is required.
- Language and Functional Communication: Communicating needs to others
- Independent Play: Playing alone with no assistance
- Social Skills: Interacting with others
- Imitation: Imitating behaviors or vocalizations of others
- Gross/Fine Motor Skills: Control over balance and body movement
- Listener Responding: Attending and responding to spoken words
- Visual/Perceptual Skills: Interpreting things he/she sees visually
- Self-help Skills: Skills such as dressing, grooming, feeding, toilet training
Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and Treatment
This is designed for children who may have behaviors that are interfering with their ability to learn. An analysis of the behavior of concern will be completed via parent interview and direct observation. Once the analysis is conducted, a plan will be written in which parents receive training by the BCBA. Teaching of the plan includes modeling of the behavior plan and observation of implementation of the plan with direct feedback for learning purposes. Requirements for this program are: assessment of behavior, program development, and ongoing consultation by a BCBA until the behavior has reduced to an appropriate level as identified by the BCBA.
All ABA services include a component of parent training. In order for center-based ABA therapy to have lasting effects, parents must assist the child with bringing the skills he or she learns at the center to other natural environments, especially in the home and community settings. This may include making changes to the physical environment, changing the way family members interact with the child, and practicing and rewarding skills learned at the center. Parents of children receiving services will participate in parent education and training related to their child’s individualized programming. Participation by parents and significant family members is not only encouraged but expected for any program to be successful.
School Based Services
- ABA classroom assessment
- Individualized 1:1 therapy in school environment
- Behavior support to IEP team and classroom teachers
- ABA Program, Design, Development and Implementation
- Functional Behavior Assessment
- Behavior Improvement Plan
- Skills Assessment/ ABLLS-R / VB-MAPP
Monday – Friday 8 am- 5pm
For more information on current services or to request an application call